It’s time for another What To Wear Wednesday! So what’s good option that you can wear right now and/or for a photo shoot? Comfy tank tops, of course. (Bra optional). I’ve been living in comfy tank tops lately too. They’re convenient, inexpensive, and cool for those warm summers days. Plus, if you’re working from home and you’re not on a video conference, no one knows what you’re wearing anyways.
Happy Wednesday! It’s always a struggle to figure out what to wear for your photo shoot. But what about that dress you love?!? It doesn’t have to be a ballgown, but it could be. It doesn’t have to be your wedding dress, but it COULD be. It could even be that dress you wore on your first date, your anniversary, or your birthday. OR maybe it’s just your favorite dress that you wear to the beach. Don’t think I CAN’T WEAR THAT! Bring it to your mellBella session to see that dress in a whole new way.
It time again for What to Wear for your Boudoir Session. You found the perfect matching bra and panty set for one of your boudoir looks. But now, you need help coming up with some other looks. We got you!
Here is our TOP TEN list for what to wear Beyond a Bra and Panty set at your boudoir session:
- Bodysuits– They are back in style, and you can find them in your favorite color! There are styles that work with every body type too!
- Veil– Getting married or celebrating your anniversary? Bring your wedding veil or buy one just for your shoot. So many possibilities.
- Sweater– We love a long cardigan or button up that covers up just enough. Go with a neutral or go bold with a vibrant color. Show off only what you want.
- Jeans– You know the ones… your favorite pair that hugs your curves in all the right places. Pair with or without a top. Bra optional.
- Dress– Go for a sweet sundress, that sexy club dress, or your go-to date night dress. Bonus- if it has buttons or a long zipper.
- Thigh Highs–Stockings or socks. You can rock cute and comfy or steamy and sultry. Be sure to get the ones without the elastic top.
- Neck Tie– Grab one of your significant other’s favs. You can wear it with a bra or nothing at all.
- Boots– Over the knee, cowboy, ankle length… just say yes, and bring them to your photo shoot.
- Romper– It usually shows a little peek of your booty, and you might already have one in your closet.
- Costume– Who doesn’t love to dress up? Wear it again and embrace your inner super hero or vixen.
Now, where can you find these and get even more ideas? We created a whole Pinterest Board just for you with 100 pins of these ideas and more.
Where to shop? We found a ton of items at Bits of Lace, Lane Bryant, Victoria Secret, Frederick’s of Hollywood, Amazon, Target, and Torrid. All places that our Bellas have shopped and recommended.
You can always bring several options to your mellBella session, and we’ll help you pick what is going to look best for you. Can’t wait to see what ideas you come up with!
Happy Wednesday! Details like jewelry as so important. Don’t forget to bring your ring(s), necklace, or other jewelry that your significant other gave you. It’s the perfect to your session to make it even more personal. If you forget to bring any jewelry, don’t worry. We have plenty of gorgeous necklaces and a few bracelets from the mellBella Closet to add to your look. Go with a classic long strand pearls for one outfit then change it up to glam with an extra sparkly statement necklace.
We always love appearing on Lowcountry Live, and wedding week was the perfect time to talk about bridal boudoir photography. Brides, this is THE. BEST. GIFT. EVER! Bring your veil, and we guarantee that he’ll never look at it the same way again. Be sure to watch the video below to see a few of the items from the mellBella Closet and our popular Amore Book. Although the contest and event in the video have passed, be sure to look for our next event this summer! Book now.
What am I going to wear? You finally got the nerve and scheduled your boudoir photography session with mellBella, and now, you don’t know what to wear. Don’t worry! We’ll help you find a great outfit or two or more for you to wear. Many women don’t like their stomachs. So, let’s talk tummy time. What is going to look best on your body and won’t emphasize the tummy area?
Here is our TOP TEN list for what to wear to look Tummy-Tastic at your boudoir session:
- Corset– Although hard to put on, it looks amazing. It emphasizes your waist and breasts. Be sure to check the length of the corset. Some are too short and then the tummy hangs out the bottom. But you can always add a …
- Garter Belt– It’s a great option to add to a corset that might be a little short or to a bra and panty set. The garter belt typically sits just below the belly button, and then you can attach the stockings to it. Be sure to get the stockings that DON’T have the elastic top.
- Tutu or Skirt– Who doesn’t love the flirty attitude of a tutu? They come in a variety of fun colors, shapes, and lengths.
- High Waisted Panty– It’s not your grandma’s panties anymore! It’s now retro and super cute, especially with the high waist front and the cheeky back to show off your assets.
- Babydoll– Most have a bra top to give you support and then a flowy dress bottom. Go bold with color!
- Bodysuit or Shapewear– It will give you all over support. You will want to avoid the nude color. Go for basic black or a pop of color.
- Lace Dress– Just pair that coordinating bra and panty set with a lace dress or overlay. If the lace dress comes with a g-string panty, throw the g-string out!
- Sheer robe– A robe can be a flirty addition to your sexy bra and panty set. You can use it to reveal or conceal different body parts. Show a little leg or little shoulder, etc.
- Tank Top– Wear with or without a bra and add a pair of those cheeky or ruffle panties. You can even wear one with his and/or you fav super hero on it.
- Shorts or Pants– Think linen or semi sheer to give just a hint of your body.
Now, where can you find this lingerie? We created a whole Pinterest Board just for you with 100 pins of these tummy- tastic options.
Where to shop? We found a ton of items at Lane Bryant, Victoria Secret, Frederick’s of Hollywood, Bits of Lace, Amazon, Target, JC Penney, Yandy.com, and AdoreMe.com. All places that our Bellas have shopped and recommended.
So now, when you come for your mellBella boudoir session, you can bring a whole suitcase of options. We’ll help you narrow it down to the very best options for you to look and feel like the beauty that you are.
This One Image Wednesday, we talking about the man’s shirt as a prop. Every man has that favorite shirt, the shirt that matches his eyes perfectly, or that special shirt you got him. So, why not wear it as part of your boudoir photography session? Be sure to pair it with a pop of color bra and panty set or just forgo the bra entirely. We know the shirts are not made for women. But we have some clips we use, so you still have your curves and not disappear entirely under the shirt. The only problem is… how to sneak it out without him knowing? Just tell him it’s dirty. 😉
It’s time for One Image Wednesday again at mellBella. Let’s talk fake eye lashes. They are a great way to emphasize your eyes and complete your look. Make sure to bring a pair with you for your session, or you can purchase a set from our stylist. Fake eyelashes take your look from Va- Va to Vava Voom! You can choose from a natural look or go bigger and bolder. We like the Ardell brand that you can pick up at any store like Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc. Bring on the luscious lashes!13
Welcome back to One Image Wednesday!
This image is the last photo we took of this Bella’s boudoir session. We told her to think of a happy thought before we started her session… someone, some food, some place, or something that would make her smile if she started to get tense during her mellBella boudoir photography shoot. She trusted us even though she was nervous, and she left with this smile on her face. Happy Thought indeed!
It’s our first One Image Wednesday! Each Wednesday, we will share one image and a tip for your mellBella session.
This Bella chose some comfy, semi transparent linen pants, low cut tank top, and no bra for her first boudoir look. Who says you need to wear lingerie for your whole boudoir photography session? A low cut tank is a great option to wear with or without a bra, and there’s so many great options out there. Go with a pop of color or even superhero. Be comfortable and sexy!