What is Boudoir Photography to me? For starters, I’ll tell you what it’s not.
Boudoir Photography is NOT:
- just photos in underwear.
- for women only.
- lewd, obscene, vulgar, or gross.
- demeaning or shameful.
- perfection or what you think the perfect body should look like.
- only for people who are a very specific size, shape, age, gender, ethnicity, height, weight, ability, etc.
- just for the bedroom.
To me, Boudoir Photography is so much more than just a photoshoot. I photographed my first boudoir clients in 2010. As I’ve photographed hundreds of people over the years, my definition of boudoir photography has grown as I’ve grown as a photographer, artist, and person.
Boudoir Photography :
- is an experience for ALL HUMANS who want to encounter and embrace their version of BEAUTIFUL.
- is INCLUSIVE and RESPECTFUL.
- is feminine, masculine, and/or androgynous.
- is a GIFT for someone special… YOU ARE THE SOMEONE SPECIAL.
- is for YOUR BODY exactly as it is right now.
- is shame free and body positive.
- is an investment.
- is a way for you to SEE your SELF, your BEAUTY, your ARTFUL BODY through another person’s eyes.
- appreciates the human body in its many versions.
- can be a LIFE-CHANGING experience.
- can be clothed, in underwear/lingerie, implied nudity, or nude.
- can be glammed up and blinged out.
- can be cozy and subtle.
- can be silly and smiley.
- can be sultry, sensuous, or sexy.
- can be a gift for your partner, but it can be just for you.
- can reveal something you never considered before now.
- is fun!!!