We always love appearing on Lowcountry Live, and wedding week was the perfect time to talk about bridal boudoir photography. Brides, this is THE. BEST. GIFT. EVER! Bring your veil, and we guarantee that he’ll never look at it the same way again. Be sure to watch the video below to see a few of the items from the mellBella Closet and our popular Amore Book. Although the contest and event in the video have passed, be sure to look for our next event this summer! Book now.
What am I going to wear? You finally got the nerve and scheduled your boudoir photography session with mellBella, and now, you don’t know what to wear. Don’t worry! We’ll help you find a great outfit or two or more for you to wear. Many women don’t like their stomachs. So, let’s talk tummy time. What is going to look best on your body and won’t emphasize the tummy area?
Here is our TOP TEN list for what to wear to look Tummy-Tastic at your boudoir session:
- Corset– Although hard to put on, it looks amazing. It emphasizes your waist and breasts. Be sure to check the length of the corset. Some are too short and then the tummy hangs out the bottom. But you can always add a …
- Garter Belt– It’s a great option to add to a corset that might be a little short or to a bra and panty set. The garter belt typically sits just below the belly button, and then you can attach the stockings to it. Be sure to get the stockings that DON’T have the elastic top.
- Tutu or Skirt– Who doesn’t love the flirty attitude of a tutu? They come in a variety of fun colors, shapes, and lengths.
- High Waisted Panty– It’s not your grandma’s panties anymore! It’s now retro and super cute, especially with the high waist front and the cheeky back to show off your assets.
- Babydoll– Most have a bra top to give you support and then a flowy dress bottom. Go bold with color!
- Bodysuit or Shapewear– It will give you all over support. You will want to avoid the nude color. Go for basic black or a pop of color.
- Lace Dress– Just pair that coordinating bra and panty set with a lace dress or overlay. If the lace dress comes with a g-string panty, throw the g-string out!
- Sheer robe– A robe can be a flirty addition to your sexy bra and panty set. You can use it to reveal or conceal different body parts. Show a little leg or little shoulder, etc.
- Tank Top– Wear with or without a bra and add a pair of those cheeky or ruffle panties. You can even wear one with his and/or you fav super hero on it.
- Shorts or Pants– Think linen or semi sheer to give just a hint of your body.
Now, where can you find this lingerie? We created a whole Pinterest Board just for you with 100 pins of these tummy- tastic options.
Where to shop? We found a ton of items at Lane Bryant, Victoria Secret, Frederick’s of Hollywood, Bits of Lace, Amazon, Target, JC Penney, Yandy.com, and AdoreMe.com. All places that our Bellas have shopped and recommended.
So now, when you come for your mellBella boudoir session, you can bring a whole suitcase of options. We’ll help you narrow it down to the very best options for you to look and feel like the beauty that you are.
This One Image Wednesday, we talking about the man’s shirt as a prop. Every man has that favorite shirt, the shirt that matches his eyes perfectly, or that special shirt you got him. So, why not wear it as part of your boudoir photography session? Be sure to pair it with a pop of color bra and panty set or just forgo the bra entirely. We know the shirts are not made for women. But we have some clips we use, so you still have your curves and not disappear entirely under the shirt. The only problem is… how to sneak it out without him knowing? Just tell him it’s dirty. 😉
It’s time for One Image Wednesday again at mellBella. Let’s talk fake eye lashes. They are a great way to emphasize your eyes and complete your look. Make sure to bring a pair with you for your session, or you can purchase a set from our stylist. Fake eyelashes take your look from Va- Va to Vava Voom! You can choose from a natural look or go bigger and bolder. We like the Ardell brand that you can pick up at any store like Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc. Bring on the luscious lashes!13
When thinking about what to wear for your boudoir session, accessories are a great way to change up your look from the typical bra and panty sets. This Bella rocked our rhinestone mask with our black tulle skirt. Both are available in our mellBella Closet for you to use during your session with us. She brought this fabulous lace top and black peep toes to complete her look. We decided against a necklace for this look because we really wanted the mask to stand alone. Bring your fav accessory with you, and let’s create something amazing.
One Image Wednesday is all about Bridal Boudoir Photography.
What is it? Several of our Bellas are creating the Best. Groom’s. Gift Ever. to surprise their man as a wedding gift! Bridal boudoir is where you incorporate some wedding elements in your photo shoot. Think veil, white lingerie, your wedding shoes, and all things labeled MRS. or Bride.
It’s our first One Image Wednesday! Each Wednesday, we will share one image and a tip for your mellBella session.
This Bella chose some comfy, semi transparent linen pants, low cut tank top, and no bra for her first boudoir look. Who says you need to wear lingerie for your whole boudoir photography session? A low cut tank is a great option to wear with or without a bra, and there’s so many great options out there. Go with a pop of color or even superhero. Be comfortable and sexy!
Drum Roll Please…. We are so excited for the next leg of our mellBella Journey… the mellBella Store. We found the softest material for our extra long tanks and baseball shirts. And our favorite product… mellBella Cheeky Panties, of course. We even have fishnet stockings available! Just visit or contact us to place your order.
Tank Top $20
Baseball Shirts $25
Fish Nets $10
We’ll be adding more products to the mellBella Store periodically. We have some amazing things we are testing that we hope to have available later this year!
Yes, we have a thing for shoes! As part of your mellBella experience, you can borrow some sexy shoes from our mellBella Closet. We have retro, sparkly, funky, and yes, even some Steve Madden shoes. What’s your size? We have numerous pairs in sizes 5½-11!!!
At your mellBella boudoir or pinup photography session, bring your favorite heels or boots, and then borrow a pair to change your look. Here’s just a few of the fabulous shoes that could you can borrow. And yes, we take shoe donations. So, if you have some shoes that you just can’t wear, let us know. In the meantime, stay sexy!
So many times emphasis is placed on finding the perfect lingerie pieces for your boudoir photography session. But you don’t have to limit your session to just lingerie. Sometimes sexy is just hanging out in your closet. Here are our Top Ten Non Lingerie Items you can bring to your mellBella Boudoir Experience to create your version of sexy.
2. See Through or Lace Shirts– Think Peek-A-Boo! Pair with or without a bra.
4. Tutus– Who doesn’t love a tutu?!? We have several you can borrow in different lengths and colors!
5. Dress– Now you have a place to wear that cute dress that is waiting inside your closet. Wear that little number you wore on a date with your husband.
6. Apron– It’s not just for cooking in the kitchen!
7. Coats– Add a little faux fur or leather coat. No bras necessary.
8. Long necklace– Make your statement with your fav pearls or bling necklace.
9. Fabulous Heels– You know those shoes that you can’t wear out because you can’t walk in them… bring them to show off!
No matter what you wear or don’t wear, the most important part is that you have a great time at our Charleston Boudoir Studio. We have some ladies who get addicted and do a boudoir session every year with us. Remember, your version of beautiful isn’t defined by anyone else, but YOU. You are beautiful at every age and every stage of life.